I offer a full mixing service (unattended) to take your studio or home recorded tracks to professional levels. I cover any genre, and I’ll also give you feedback on the recording if I feel it would improve the end result. I’m dedicated to bringing out the best in your music – whatever that might be – to enhance the feeling you’re expressing or the story you’re telling. Musicality is key to how I view every mix I do.
So, how much?
|Mixing (single)||£150 per song/instrumental|
|Mixing (EP – up to 5 tracks)||£500|
|Mixing (Album – up to 12 tracks)||£1000|
|Mixing (additional EP/Album tracks)||£100 per song/instrumental|
|Mastering||£30 per song/instrumental|
|Mastering (EP – up to 5 tracks)||£120|
|Mastering (Album – up to 12 tracks)||£300|
|Mastering (additional EP/Album tracks)||£20 per song/instrumental|
What’s the process?
You contact me with details of your project and I’ll give you a link to upload your multi-track stems (zipped up – see what I’d like to get ideally) or mixes for mastering, a date for when I’ll start, and an idea of a timescale for completion. As soon as I’ve got the files I’ll take a quick look/listen to make sure everything’s in order so that, if there’s an issue, I can get back to you straight away to give you a chance to fix things or re-record/re-mix if necessary. You’ll need to make your payment before the start date and once that’s done I’ll do the work and give you a link to a page where you can stream the finished tracks to have a listen. If there’s something you’d like changing, you’ve got a chance to say before I finalise things. We may go back and forth a few times at this stage to get to the final product. After that, I’ll prepare the finished files and send you links for download.
What do I get at the end?
For mixing projects, you get (for each track);
- The finished mix as a WAV file, at the same bit-depth and sample rate as your recorded files.
- A basic master, at the same bit-depth and sample rate as your recorded files.
- A high-quality compressed file version in the format you specify (MP3, FLAC, WMA, Ogg, AAC), or a 16-bit 44.1kHz WAV/AIFF version (for CD/online store submission).
- Any extras you’ve asked for.
For mastering, you get;
- A full digital master at the same bit depth and sample rate as your recorded files for each track (these are your “master” masters).
- A CD-quality master (16-bit/44.1kHz) for each track.
- Optionally, for EP and Albums, a DDP image file for sending to CD duplicators.
- All your metadata embedded in the files and DDP.
- Optionally, official ISRC codes for each track (I’m registered as an ISRC provider).
- Any extras you’ve asked for.
I’m not just a mix engineer – I’m a musician and composer too, so I fully understand the need present your music in the best possible way. I’m also obsessively honest, so if your performance or recording is really bad, I will say so. Sorry, but you’ll thank me for it in the end. I love talking through creative things and I’ve been making music for a long long time, so feel free to contact me early on in the process if you’re unsure about anything or just feel like running ideas through someone else.
For recording studios and other professionals…
If you don’t have an in-house mix engineer, or you want to free up studio time and outsource the mixing, then get in touch and we can work something out. I also do vocal/instrument editing and audio cleanup.
Apart from what you always get for whatever you choose to pay, there’s some extra services available if you want that little bit more. Some of these services cost me money to provide, so there’s a minimum amount involved.
|Extra file formats/bit depths/sample rates (WAV, AIFF, MP3, WMA, FLAC, Ogg)||£5 extra per project|
|Stem mastering (up to 5 stems)||£60|
|Storage of of your files after a month (including original recordings, mixes, masters, and associated project files)||£10 per year per 10Gb|